Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday: Runemarks by Joanne M. Harris

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.




Runemarks by Joanne M. Harris 
Runemarks #1
Expected publication: November 24th 2016 by Gollancz
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy

It's been five hundred years since the end of the world and society has rebuilt itself anew. The old Norse gods are no longer revered. Their tales have been banned. Magic is outlawed, and a new religion - the Order - has taken its place.

In a remote valley in the north, fourteen-year-old Maddy Smith is shunned for the ruinmark on her hand - a sign associated with the Bad Old Days. But what the villagers don't know is that Maddy has skills. According to One-Eye, the secretive Outlander who is Maddy's only real friend, her ruinmark - or runemark, as he calls it - is a sign of Chaos blood, magical powers and gods know what else...

Now, as the Order moves further north, threatening all the Worlds with conquest and Cleansing, Maddy must finally learn the truth to some unanswered questions about herself, her parentage, and her powers.


First of all, I'm totally in love with the cover of Runemarks and second, I am beyond excited for this book. It was first published in 2007 but will be republished on November 24. I hope I can get my hands on it fast! 

Back in 2014 I read The Gospel of Loki, which is an adul prequel to Runemarks that can be read as a standalone and that was such a fantastic book, it's still one of my top favorite reads ever so I have high hopes for this one. AND their covers are similar so that makes it even more great!


Find my review of The Gospel of Loki here!





What book are you waiting for?
Leave me the link to your post so I can stop by!



4 comments:

  1. This book sounds interesting! I've never heard of it before, so thanks for sharing! Hope you love it ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me but I'm intrigued. Great premise. Love the cover too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you love it and ooh love the cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because you enjoyed the prequel so much, I am sure you'll be able to love this book too! I hope that will be the case for you <3

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥