Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday Madness: The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan

Monday Madness is a bookish meme hosted by Bookfever & Booklover's Teaparty

You know that feeling when you feel like you are gonna go mad if you do not get a certain book right away, when you are obsessed and all you want is that one book and you will be happy? That is what Monday Madness is about. All those books you that drive you mad.

Pick a book. Talk about it- why do you want it? What has drawn you to it? Why is it making you mad with want for it.





The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan
Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2
Published October 4th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

Thor's hammer is missing again. The thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon--the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds. But this time the hammer isn't just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands. If Magnus Chase and his friends can't retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn. Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer's return is the gods' worst enemy, Loki--and the price he wants is very high.


I can't say I totally looooved the first book, The Sword of Summer, but it was really hilarious so I definitely want to read the second book + I always usually enjoy Rick Riordan's books. And besides that I also love Norse mythology so can't go wrong with that.




And as always don't forget to check out Christina's post! ♥




5 comments:

  1. Hope you wind up loving it, and YAY for mythology!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might be a chance I'll buy it tomorrow if they have it where I'm going. So eeeeeeep! :D

      Delete
  2. Just reading the blurb and then Ragnarok comes and I say it in danish xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta read the first book! Thor is such a hilarious character. xD

      Delete
  3. If you think you're mad with want for this book before reading it, just you wait until you do.
    I, too, didn't abolutely love The Sword of Summer. I had my... issues with it. And it brought me down really hard that I didn't *love* a Rick Riordan book. It was something that never happened before then.
    So, needless to say, I was dreading picking up The Hammer of Thor.
    I shouldn't have been, because Rick Riordan was back BIG TIME! I was hooked from the very first page and loved EVERYTHING about it.
    I can't wait for you to read - and love - it too (:

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥